Sr. Utility Forestry Arborist
PacifiCorp - Albany, Oregon , USA
Starting Date :
Location of job:
Posted By: :
Manages a functional unit which has a significant impact on corporate, business unit, or organizational objectives. Establishes and implements business objectives, strategies, and plans. Manages financial resources.
- Coordinate, administer, implement, and manage company forestry vegetation management distribution and transmission system rights-of-way.
- Plan, assign and review work of contract personnel performing vegetation management, line clearance, vegetation management.
- Ensure compliance with company's vegetation management specifications. Implement system procedures, safety and training programs and record keeping systems.
- Act as liaison with various environmental, regulatory and governmental agencies.
- Assist in developing specifications that meet the demands of PacifiCorp's variable vegetation regimes.
- Assist in developing and administering a cost-effective contract. - Assist in developing long-term budgets.
- Adhere to vegetation management budget.
- Appropriately allocate resources.
- Work closely with the contractor to effectively administer the program.
- Coordinates information on vegetation conditions, clearances and work quality,
- Administer record keeping and cost control programs.
- Manage production records, maintenance history, and service interruption data for planning, and budget forecasting and allocation.
- Offer technical instruction to personal involved in the program: the public, government, and Operations staff and Management.
- Liaison with governmental agencies.
- Actively participate in professional arboricultural organizations, to stay abreast of the latest innovations and developments in the industry, but also to help establish the credibility of PacifiCorp's vegetation management program.
- Represent the company with the public, providing credibility.
- Bachelor's degree in Vegetation Management, Forestry, or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of five years of related experience.
- Working knowledge of distribution line clearance practices and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations applying to vegetation management.
- Thorough knowledge of current vegetation management techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable herbicide/pesticide regulations.
- Certified pesticide applicator's license.
- Leadership and teamwork skills to provide input into policy decisions, and to mobilize resources to produce desired business results.
- Travel may be required.
Primary Location: Albany, OR
Department: Vegetation Management
Personnel Subarea: Exempt
Hiring Range: 81,500.00 - 105,200.00
Contact InformationCarie Raddatz
1407 W. No. Temple, #330
Salt Lake City, UT 84116, USA