Estimating Arborist - North Valley
Western ECI - Chico, CA , USA
Starting Date :
Location of job:
North Valley - California
Posted By: :
We are currently seeking a Estimating Arborist to join our team. We are looking for energetic professionals who enjoy working outdoors and value the freedom of working independently. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment and the challenges of a rewarding profession, consider a career in vegetation management with Western ECI.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Patrol, identify, and prescribe required tree trimming and tree/brush removal needed to build or re-construct electrical facilities
- Communicate scope of prescribed work to applicants
- Maintain positive working relationships with public agencies, local estimating personnel and customers
- Coordinate tree work within timelines of construction schedules
- Perform all necessary duties for emergency response as requested
- Other duties as schedule permits
- Minimum one (1) year of utility vegetation management experience and working knowledge of PG&E’s Vegetation Management Program
- Proficient in common computer word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Possess independent decision making skills and exercise sound judgment
- Demonstrated public relations, strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to represent Western ECI and PG&E in a professional and positive manner
- Ability to prioritize workload and multi-task
- ISA certification (within six months)
Physical Demands & Working Environment
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Work alone in an outdoor field environment; vehicle and foot patrol of utility power lines; remote locations as well as urban, city environment; physical demands and travel from site to site, including: walking/hiking on various surfaces including flat, dry, wet, slippery, uneven, rough, steep terrain, hills and slopes; exposure to noise, dust, grease, and all types of weather and temperature conditions; exposure to hazardous traffic conditions
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a field environment; to walk, stand, sit, and operate a motor vehicle for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, run, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp and make repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties; carry, push and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight (5 to 10 lbs.); to operate assigned equipment and vehicles; ability to verbally communicate to exchange information with public; ability to see and hear in normal range with or without correction; operate assigned field equipment, including handheld computer, range finder, fyrake, water backpack, shovel, and traffic cone.
Western Environmental Consultants, Inc. (Western ECI) is a leading provider of vegetation and asset management consulting services to the utility industry. Successful professionals at Western ECI have come from a variety of backgrounds, including: forestry, arboriculture, natural resource management, biology, landscape maintenance, horticulture, nursery management, environmental sciences, geology, agriculture, parks & recreation management, urban forestry, geography, and more. Western ECI offers exciting career opportunities with an excellent compensation package and ongoing growth potential.
Applicants must pass a pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check.
All candidates must possess a valid driver's license and have a good driving record.
Western ECI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA : Minority/Female/ Vets/ Disabled.
Contact InformationJet Da Costa