ULCS - Warren, MI , USA
Starting Date :
Location of job:
Posted By: :
Location: Central and Southeast Regions- MI
Wage: $ 23.68- $39.47
Benefits: Health, 401K, Bonus
Under the supervision of the Vegetation Manager this position will be responsible and accountable for the completion of in-field vegetation annual plan and all line clearance activities in their area.
Candidate(s) will be required to meet the following requirements:
- Associates (or Higher) of Science in Forestry or other related field.
- 5+ years of utility vegetation management experience.
- General knowledge of utility vegetation management equipment (bucket/manual crew equipment, mowers, off-road tree removal equipment, herbicide application methods & equipment).
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate vegetation clearing in conjunction with line rebuilds and new construction, including but not limited to:
- Crew & work scheduling
- Working knowledge of easement language, research, & parcel identification (map & field)
- Notifying public entities on transmission line clearance work
- Securing signed permission for work needed
- Experience with aerial and ground inspections.
- Familiar with FAC-003-1 and -2 NERC vegetation standards.
- Strong computer skills, including but not limited to:
- working knowledge of GIS based software programs
- Microsoft toolkit
- planning software
- ISA Certified Arborist or obtain within 6 months.
- ISA Utility Specialist certification or obtain within 6 months.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively and accurately.
- Be available during off-duty hours.
- Familiar and able to use Microsoft.
- Able to work and retain access.
*Management reserves the sole right to substitute work experience for any of the above qualifications
Visit Website to Apply: www.ulc119.com