Arizona Public Service - Flagstaff, AZ , USA
Starting Date :
Location of job:
Posted By: :
Subject to work hours outside of the normal work schedule and outdoors during inclement weather situations. Periodically prone to dangers inherent to work sites including exposure to sharp, high-speed rotating equipment, electrical fields, falling and flying debris, difficult terrain, pesticides, and animal, insect, and snake bites. Involves driving throughout service territory and frequent overnight travel. Additional duties may include evening and weekend duty.
Minimum four-year degree in forestry, arboriculture, horticulture or related field or a Certified Arborist with at least four-year's of field experience in utility arboriculture. Must possess and maintain ISA Certified Arborist and Utility Specialist certifications and/or obtain such certifications within one year of employment. Must possess and earn Arizona State Pesticide Certification categories III and VII and sub-section Right-of-Way. Working knowledge of applicable ANSI and OSHA standards, and DOT regulations. Experience working with organized labor workforce. Computer experience using windows-based programs including Maximo, ESRI platforms MS Outlook, Word and Excel. Must have an aptitude for public relations and interpersonal communications. Must demonstrate a strong commitment to environmental stewardship.
- With general direction and weekly review, responsible for implementing divisional and departmental plans and programs which have a significant impact on the performance of the business unit.
- Provide support to overall directives and performance expectations in compliance with the company's Accident Prevention Manual and labor contract. Assist the Supervisor in the investigation of personnel injuries, accidents, property damage and any line outages or suspected line outages a crew may have caused.
- Coordinate the activities and operations of Forestry and Special Programs crews and pre-inspectors in assigned area to conform to the overall work plan developed by Supervisor.
- Investigate requests for tree work and address customer complaints.
- Plan and schedule assigned crews in accordance with specific discussion and consultation with the Supervisor so as to determine actual needs and priorities.
- Ensure that assigned crews are properly staffed, trained and licensed.
- Provide technical expertise, instruction and assistance to field personnel. Responsible for crew effectiveness, work productivity, arboricultural quality and safe work practices.
- Ensure that all equipment is operating properly, all trucks are scheduled for periodic maintenance and repairs to maintain DOT compliance and stocked as required. Required to make certain that all tools are in working order and that cutting tools are sharpened correctly.
- Participate in training programs and public education programs by preparing and or public speaking.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of technology and regulations through professional reading, attendance at seminars and participation in professional organizations.
Posting Close Date: 01/01/2019
Interested applicants should apply here:
1. Select the link to access our careers site.
2. Sign In to access your account or if you are not an existing user select the New User link to create one.
3. Review the job description and select the Apply button to begin your application.
Contact InformationErin Creekmur