Consulting Utility Forester – Charlotte, NC
Davey Resource Group - Charlotte, NC , United States
Starting Date :
Location of job:
Posted By: :
Position: Consulting Utility Forester – Charlotte, NC
Starting Date: Immediately. Applications accepted until suitable candidate is selected. Location: Charlotte Metro Area
Looking for a great opportunity to grow in a dynamic industry? Want to join highly skilled teams with diverse backgrounds? Join our Foresters, Horticulturalists, Plant Scientists, Ecologists, GIS and Natural Resource Specialists within the Davey Resource Group, Inc.! Become part of our energetic workforce, build your career, and emerge as a leader in the green industry! Spend your days outdoors and enjoy an engaging work environment where we apply technology, communication, and teamwork to help bridge the gap between human progress and the natural world.
Get your hands and boots dirty while educating the public on the response growth of trees. Make an impact on a community for a utility enhancement project. Davey Resource Group, Inc. a 100% employee owned company. Our opportunities are for the adventurous and passionate!
What you’ll do:
- Successfully contribute to all aspects of vegetation management planning and analysis.
- Utilize innovative technology and practices to help major electric utility providers deliver safe and reliable power.
- Inspect and assess vegetation in right-of-ways for compliance standards and construction work plans.
- Identify tree and brush control work and protection zone recommendations.
- Collect data and document work using hand-held computers; assess terrain, habitat, and environmental conditions, and support IVM projects.
- Coordinate with Project Managers, Planners, and Vegetation Crews to create customized solutions.
What you’ll need:
- Ability to work and hike in rugged terrain and inclement weather; ability to read and follow GIS data and maps; ability to work independently.
- Leadership experience and a desire for career growth will be given a priority.
- Demonstrated expertise in problem solving and technical innovation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Availability and desire to travel throughout the utility service area.
- Clean DMV driving record and ability to drive and operate a 4x4 vehicle.
- Two or Four year degree in Forestry, Urban Forestry, Horticulture or related discipline; ISA Utility Specialist; Qualified Applicators License (QAL), Pest Control Advisor (PCA), Registered Professional Forester (RPF), Utility Right-of-Way Vegetation experience are preferred.
- Ability to identify local tree species & growth rates.
- Organizational skills; working knowledge of computers and programs, file creation, manipulation and sharing.
What you’ll get:
- Recession-resilient career opportunities that are tailored to your objective.
- A company repeatedly recognized as a top performer.
- An innovative and success driven work environment.
- The opportunity to work in this country’s great outdoors.
- Great teammates that will help support your professional growth.
- Managers who empower and genuinely care about each team members’ success.
- The resources you need to excel and grow through the Davey Institute of Tree Science.
- An excuse to be enthusiastic every day.
- Company vehicle for commuting purposes & cell phone.
- Competitive wages & excellent benefits. Pay rates based on qualifications & experience.
- Opportunity to work for and become an employee-owner with the #1 100% employee owned service company in the country.
If a career exploring the forest with Davey excites you, please apply at: http://bit.ly/Davey_35276 or by sending your resume to:
James Panezott Email: Forestry.Careers@davey.com Phone: (800) 828-8312 x8039
Subject: Consulting Utility Forester – Charlotte, NC #35276
Who we are:
The Davey Resource Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is focused and relentless in our pursuit to help our utility clients deliver safe and reliable power to their customers and to help maintain national security. We are results driven by our great people and the technology at our fingertips. Not ordinary great people, but those who love being the best and being a part of building something extraordinary. People who want to create change, who love what they do and the people they do it with. We are currently hiring Arborists, Foresters, Horticulturalists, Natural Resource Specialists, and plant and outdoor enthusiasts. Various full time positions available include; entry level, special projects, and supervisory roles. We are seeking candidates who have positive attitudes, excellent communication skills, and critical attention to detail. Team players who have a thirst for knowledge and growth may apply. Military Veterans are also encouraged to apply.
Visit the Davey Careers Website: JOBS.DAVEY.COM for other job opportunities and company information.
Contact InformationJames Panezott
295 S Water St Ste 300
Kent, OH 44240, United States
Phone: 800 828 8312 x8039