ECI - Birmingham, AL , USA
Starting Date :
Location of job:
Posted By: :
We are currently seeking a Utility Arborist to join our team. We are looking for energetic professionals who enjoy working outdoors and value the freedom of working independently. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment and the challenges of a rewarding profession, consider a career in vegetation management with ECI. This role is ideal for entry-level professionals looking to gain experience in the green industry, or for seasoned professionals interested in changing careers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle customer request tickets as well as complaints related to scheduled pruning and/or completed pruning
- Audit tree contractor’s work for compliance with utility’s specifications
- Pre-plan all tree-trimming work
- Perform pre-inspection and QA work in advance of, during, and after tree-trimming work
- Conduct hazard tree assessments
- Communicate daily with the utility client, contractors, landowners, and the general public
- Perform duties in a manner that will promote and maintain good public relations.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Forestry, Environmental Science or related field required OR 5 years' vegetation management experience
- Must have solid tree identification skills
- Must be familiar with GIS Mapping Programs
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, strong problem solving abilities, the ability to multi-task and an attention to detail.
- Must be able to work alone, outdoors in various weather conditions and terrain.
- Must have basic computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Experience in Forestry, Arboriculture or Horticulture a plus.
- Certified ISA Arborist preferred.
- Bi-lingual speaking (English and Spanish) is a plus.
Physical Demands & Working Environment
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Work alone in an outdoor field environment; vehicle and foot patrol of utility power lines; remote locations as well as urban, city environment; physical demands and travel from site to site, including: walking/hiking on various surfaces including flat, dry, wet, slippery, uneven, rough, steep terrain, hills and slopes; exposure to noise, dust, grease, and all types of weather and temperature conditions; exposure to hazardous traffic conditions
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a field environment; to walk, stand, sit, and operate a motor vehicle for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, run, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp and make repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties; carry, push and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight (5 to 10 lbs.); to operate assigned equipment and vehicles; ability to verbally communicate to exchange information with public; ability to see and hear in normal range with or without correction; operate assigned field equipment, including handheld computer, range finder, fyrake, water backpack, shovel, and traffic cone
Environmental Consultants (ECI) is a leading provider of vegetation and asset management consulting services to the utility industry. Successful professionals at ECI have come from a variety of backgrounds, including: forestry, arboriculture, natural resource management, biology, landscape maintenance, horticulture, nursery management, environmental sciences, geology, agriculture, parks & recreation management, urban forestry, geography, and more. ECI offers exciting career opportunities with an excellent compensation package and ongoing growth potential.
Applicants must pass a pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check.
All candidates must possess a valid driver's license and have a good driving record.
ECI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA : Minority/Female/ Vets/ Disabled.
Contact InformationJen Leman