DP&L/AES - Moraine, Ohio , United States
Starting Date :
Location of job:
DP&L Service Building
Posted By: :
DAYTON POWER & LIGHT - CONTRACTOR COORDINATOR
Under general supervision, is responsible for Company contractor performance on vegetation management work for Service Operations. Provides direct supervision of vegetation management contractors’ performance for Service Operations such as routine distribution and transmission vegetation management, storm and emergency restoration, and capital project vegetation work. Administers contractor billing and performs quality control and compliance checks to confirm contractor compliance with specifications. Continuously improves work processes to enhance on-the-job safety, quality of work, customer satisfaction, and encourages others to develop suggestions for work simplification. Prepares budget recommendations for ongoing maintenance programs. Assists in training of personnel. Actively complies with all applicable safety policies, practices and procedures.
- High School graduate with additional vocational or technical training preferred.
- Three (3) years of recent verifiable experience with contractor supervision and/or contract management.
- Prior experience in electric utility vegetation management preferred. This is to include outside contractor involvement and construction projects.
- Ability to deal with customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to obtain a Pesticide license and ISA certification within 1 year if the candidate doesn’t already possess these certifications.
- Experience in budget preparation and budget review is preferred.
- Preference will be shown to candidates with previous supervisory experience.
- Must have effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong computer skills are a must
- Team participation is essential.
- Must be results oriented, self-motivated, and able to work with limited direct supervision.
- Knowledge and methods to maintain the minimum approach distances for the voltage levels in and near work sites
- Emergency procedures including but not limited to first-aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- Recognition of all electrical hazards working on and around high voltage equipment
- Recognition of voltage levels of exposed energized parts
- The proper use of special precautionary techniques, personal protective equipment (PPE), insulating and shielding material, and installed tools for working on or near energized parts of electrical equipment
- Directs assigned contractors in safe work procedures, work effectiveness, on the job training, construction standards, proper care and use of material and equipment, customer relations, Company policy and compliance with labor agreements, state and local laws.
- Enforces and complies with all federal safety policies, practices and procedures; ensures that contractors know, understand and apply all safety rules, OSHA and EPA regulations, good work practices and proper craftsmanship techniques applicable to their work.
- Ensures quality work is performed on schedule, within competitive cost standards and in accordance with customer expectations.
- Controls costs by pre-planning the work; estimates labor, material and other costs to complete the work in a safe and competitive manner; coordinates personnel, material and equipment with other Company and contract personnel to achieve the desired job performance.
- Improves work processes to enhance on-the-job safety, quality of work, customer satisfaction and competitiveness of the Company; encourages participation of others to develop suggestions for work simplification.
- Serves as Company representative to call in contractors during non-scheduled hours for emergency work.
- Maintains accurate safety, personnel, work and job cost records including activity unit costs, equipment and material use and contractor performance.
- Provides supervision, leadership, and training to others through day-to-day contact. Prioritizes, directs, monitors and evaluates performance of contractors; Prepares, controls and administers project budgets to achieve maximum business results relating to overall performance, cost efficiency and reliability.
The Dayton Power and Light Company is the principal subsidiary of DPL Inc. (DPL), a regional energy provider and an AES company. DPL’s other significant subsidiaries include AES Ohio Generation, LLC (AES Ohio Gen), Miami Valley Insurance Company (MVIC), and Miami Valley Lighting, LLC (MVLt). The Dayton Power and Light Company, a regulated electric utility, provides service to over 515,000 customers in West Central Ohio. DPL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. E-Verify Notice: DPL will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Contact InformationSam Holp