Journeyman Tree Trimmer
Central Lincoln People's Utility District - Reedsport, OR , USA
Starting Date :
Location of job:
Posted By: :
First review of applications: May 1, 2019
A skills exam will be required.
This position works as part of a tree trimming crew that performs utility line clearance work. Primary responsibilities include trimming trees, clearing brush, maintaining the right of way and providing general maintenance of Central Lincoln facilities near power lines.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Trimming and pruning trees, clearing brush and vegetation, maintaining the right of way and performing general maintenance of Central Lincoln facilities, often around and near energized electrical lines.
- Safe work practices while operating equipment and tools used in tree trimming work.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Pertinent federal, state and local laws.
- Electric utility materials, equipment and supplies.
- Working independently and with a crew.
- Interacting well with coworkers and customers.
- Use power tools, hand tools, chain saws, hydraulic tree trimming saws, rakes and aerial man lifts, trucks, chippers, and hot sticks.
- Perform work-related tasks in trees up to 200 feet or more in height.
- Climb trees with or without spurs and able to pull body weight 45 feet up tree.
- Push or pull tree limbs, often while in a tree for up to 5 minutes at a time, 4 or more times per day.
- Perform an aerial rescue in emergency situations.
- Properly use safety equipment.
- Speak loudly and clearly enough to be accurately understood when on the ground speaking to a co-worker in the top of a 45-foot tree, despite heavy background noise from traffic, construction equipment or wind, and when visual signals cannot be used.
- Speak clearly, communicating by two-way radio.
- Obtain First Aid and CPR certification.
- International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) certification is considered an assset.
Minimum Qualifications and Progression:
- Requires a minimum of two (2) years' journey level experience in clearing and trimming around and near primary voltage energized electrical lines and is able to qualify by examination.
- Valid driver's license: Yes, including a Class B State of Oregon CDL with Air Brakes Endorsement. Class A State of Oregon CDL is required within 6 months of hire date.
- Post-offer background check required: Yes
- Post-offer drug test required: Yes
- Post-offer physical/functional test required: Yes
- Apprenticeship or other education/training required as a condition of employment, or progression or advancement: Requires completion of an approved tree trimming apprenticeship.
- Supervisory Relationship
- This position reports to the Right-of-Way Supervisor.
- No supervisory responsibility.
Contact InformationMandy Sutter