Utility Line Clearance Arborist
Kramer Tree Specialists - West Chicago, IL , United States
Starting Date :
Location of job:
Crown Point, Indiana
Posted By: :
We are hiring for multiple positions on our utility line clearance teams. This work is located throughout northwest Indiana and full time year round, with opportunities for overtime. It includes benefits such as 401k, health/dental/vision and paid holidays and time off. A great opportunity to come grow your career with a company dedicated to safe and professional work practices. Check us out online at www.kramertree.com, apply on our website or email Todd Kramer at email@example.com
The main objectives of the Utility Line Clearance Arborist is to provide vegetation management services for utility right of ways. These services will be performed primarily on utility distribution lines, but may also include other utility lines. It is our goal to abide by the highest ethical standards with a primary focus on safe work practices. All staff will be trained on and expected to adhere to all applicable OSHA and ANSI standards as it relates to utility line clearance. This is a year round full time position with benefits, and compensation is based on qualifications and experience.
- Operate chainsaws, hand tools and chippers in order to provide required vegetation clearance of utility electrical lines
- Load and unload trucks with woody debris, brush, branches, logs, etc,. Lifting up to 50 lbs. will be required.
- Ability to be prepared to work in all types of outdoor conditions, including all temperatures and types of weather, and be exposed to biting/stinging insects, irritating plants, dust, etc.
- Able and willing to work in an outdoor setting with potential of uneven terrain
- Effectively employ safe work practices around hazardous equipment and energized electrical lines. Be able and involved in setting up necessary work area protection zones utilizing arrow boards, barriers, warning signs, etc.
- Conduct or participate in regularly scheduled crew meetings and safety meetings.
- Apply herbicide applications for vegetation management purposes as directed
- Work around excessive noise from equipment, chippers, chainsaws, etc. Employing safe work practices through application of tasks and use and ability to wear required personal protective equipment
- Ensure overall quality and safety of the work done on each property, including attention to the details through proper property evaluations, quality site inspections, and pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections.
- Be accountable for the maintenance and proper use of all company vehicles, equipment, and tools.
REQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Ability to operate an aerial lift safely and productively on utility line clearance operations
- Ability to wear all necessary personal protective equipment as required
- Ability to work outdoors for extended periods of time, which will involve standing, entering and exiting a vehicle numerous times per day
- Experience in or ability to learn all applicable OSHA and ANSI Z133 standards as it applies to utility electrical line tree clearance
- Ability to work long hours and overtime during emergencies (weekends, holidays, storms, etc.)
- Valid First-Aid and CPR cards, or ability to attain upon hire
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, in order to communicate with crew members and interpret work orders and instructions.
- The capability to work safely and assure compliance of applicable company, OSHA and ANSI safety standards.
- Ability to operate a vehicle pulling trailers, CDL license preferred and may be required depending on job requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Valid driver’s license
Contact InformationTodd Kramer
300 Charles Court
West Chicago, IL 60185, United States