Los Angeles Unified School District - Los Angeles, CA , United States
Starting Date :
Location of job:
Posted By: :
Tree Surgeons perform basic tree surgery and skilled tree trimming.
Some of the primary job duties performed will require that job incumbents:
- Trim, prune, shape, and fell trees. -Plant and transplant trees, balling and boxing trees when necessary.
- Clean, treat, and fill tree cavities.
- Eliminate hazardous conditions by cabling and bracing trees or removing branches.
- Prune, trim, and shape vines and shrubbery and strips vines from buildings.
- Operate hand and power tools and equipment, including those used in cutting and chipping tree trunks and branches.
- Operate a truck and aerial boom for tree pruning.
- Operate stump grinding equipment and track loaders.
- Feed branches into a chipper.
- Load trees, branches, and debris into trucks and cleans up grounds.
- Perform minor maintenance and sharpen hand and power tools.
- Perform minor repairs to safety belts and other climbing apparatus.
- May aerate soil around trees and large shrubs.
- May perform deep irrigation and fertilization of trees.
Graduation from high school or evidence of equivalent educational proficiency, preferably supplemented by courses in tree surgery arboriculture, horticulture, agriculture and supervision.
Two years of experience in tree surgery that includes trimming, pruning, and felling. Experience must also include the trimming of tall trees using ropes, safety belts, and other climbing apparatus.
Insurance: Fully paid medical/dental/vision premiums for employee and all dependents
Vacation: Up to 27 days of PTO (15 PTO days + 12 Paid Holidays) plus Sick Time
Retirement: Membership in the California Public Retirement System (CalPERS)
How to Apply
In order to be considered for this position, qualified candidates must visit http://www.lausdjobs.org to apply.
Click on the link “Jobs Open to the Public” to find job opportunity
The Los Angeles Unified School District intends that all qualified persons shall have equal opportunities for employment and promotion. Reasonable accommodations in completing an application and testing are available to individuals with disabilities. Please call (213) 241-3455 for more information
Contact InformationSahira Aguet