Field Supervisor - Auditing
Environmental Consultants (ECI) - San Diego, CA , United States
Starting Date :
Location of job:
San Diego, CA
Posted By: :
Western ECI is currently seeking a highly motivated and self-directed Field Supervisor to effectively support, train, and lead our field teams on the San Diego Gas and Electric contract. Western ECI is responsible for auditing utility vegetation management contractors to ensure compliance with all regulations and program requirements. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment and the challenges of a rewarding profession, consider a career in vegetation management with Western ECI.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee field auditing services and actively manage safety culture, productivity, work quality, customer service goals, regulatory requirements, contract specifications, and contract services.
- Lead by example with safe work practices with a high standard of quality and accuracy.
- Provide direct supervision for up to 5 Auditors and oversee assignments, workflow, and follow all procedures and contract requirements.
- Maintain regular communication to auditors to ensure all team members are supported and work quality meets contract requirements and reports meet client expectations.
- Maintain active communication with the Western ECI Project Manager and the Utility Representative
- Train new team members as positions become available.
- Demonstrate and share ECI's Vision, Mission,Values, and Principles.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Forestry, Natural Resource Management or related field is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of vegetation management experience.
- ISA Arborist Certification (or obtain within 6 months) required
- Utility Specialist Certification desired.
- Familiarity with utility vegetation management work practice and proper arboricultural techniques/practices, and legal requirements related to line clearance and fire prevention.
- Minimum 1 year of previous supervisory experience.
- Proficient in computer word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Proven independent decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work alone, outdoors in various weather conditions and terrain.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to represent Western ECI in a professional and positive manner
- Ability to prioritize workload and multi-task
- Bi-lingual speaking (English and Spanish) is a plus.
Physical Demands & Working Environment
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Work alone in an outdoor field environment; vehicle and foot patrol of utility power lines; remote locations as well as urban, city environment; physical demands and travel from site to site, including: walking/hiking on various surfaces including flat, dry, wet, slippery, uneven, rough, steep terrain, hills and slopes; exposure to noise, dust, grease, and all types of weather and temperature conditions; exposure to hazardous traffic conditions
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a field environment; to walk, stand, sit, and operate a motor vehicle for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, run, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp and make repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties; carry, push and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight (5 to 10 lbs.); to operate assigned equipment and vehicles; ability to verbally communicate to exchange information with public; ability to see and hear in normal range with or without correction; operate assigned field equipment, including handheld computer, range finder, fyrake, water backpack, shovel, and traffic cone.
Western Environmental Consultants, Inc., (Western ECI) is a leading provider of vegetation and asset management consulting services to the utility industry. Successful professionals at Western ECI have come from a variety of backgrounds, including: forestry, arboriculture, natural resource management, biology, landscape maintenance, horticulture, nursery management, environmental sciences, geology, agriculture, parks & recreation management, urban forestry, geography, and more. Western ECI offers exciting career opportunities with an excellent compensation package and ongoing growth potential.
Applicants must pass a pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check.
All candidates must possess a valid driver's license and have a good driving record.
ECI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA : Minority/Female/Vets/Disabled.
Contact InformationJet DaCosta