ECI - Wake Forest, NC , United States
Starting Date :
Location of job:
Wake Forest, NC
Posted By: :
Environmental Consultants (ECI) is a leading provider of vegetation and asset management consulting services to the electric and gas utility industry. For more than 45 years, ECI has delivered innovative solutions that help improve public safety and ensure environmental sustainability.
We are looking for an energetic professional who has a passion for safety and enjoys the freedom of working independently to join our team as a Safety Specialist.
ECI offers exciting career opportunities with an excellent compensation package and ongoing growth potential. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment and the challenges of a rewarding profession, consider a career with ECI.
The Safety Specialist supports the Director of Safety and the Safety Manager to ensure Safety practices and outcomes are aligned with Company culture, policies, regulatory requirements, and client commitments as well as the strategic direction of the Company. General responsibilities include championing driver safety, developing and implementing motor vehicle incident (MVI) reduction initiatives, continuously improving safety performance, conducting injury and MVI investigations and root cause analysis, incident management and reporting, developing and delivering employee safety training, conducting field audits and providing innovative solutions to safety challenges.
This position reports directly to the Safety Director and will regularly collaborate with Operations and Business Development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct incident investigations for Injuries/Illnesses and Motor Vehicle Incidents (MVI) using industry standard methodologies, such as Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Taproot, and 5-Whys.
- Initiate and Implement MVI and Injury/Illness reduction focused safety initiatives.
- Conducts field audits, provides verbal and written communication of issues identified and resolution actions to management.
- Conduct introductory and ongoing safety training for existing and new project start-up operations as needed.
- Identify vehicle safety and safety-related field training needs, establish annual performance goals and document progress.
- Support the Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) monitoring program review and follow-up process.
- Gathers and evaluates Safety data to determine statistical trends, causes, and targeted areas for improvement
- Analyzes driver performance data and communicates with employees; recognizing good driving behaviors as well as coaching opportunities for improvement where appropriate.
- Prepare performance data presentations and participates in monthly leadership safety meetings, quarterly all-hands safety calls and regional or client focused safety meetings.
- Perform annual coach driver training with all drivers who operate a vehicle for the company.
- Oversee Smart Sheet processes (JSA, Vehicle Inspection, Field Audits).
- Review and update vehicle and general safety policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work professionally, collaboratively, and effectively with field employees, management, executives, clients and team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to self-manage, prioritize and manage multiple projects, meetings and travel schedule.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency in the English language required with ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy.
- Computer skills to include demonstrated abilities with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point required.
- Work independently, exercise initiative and good judgment, and provide follow through with customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational or Environmental Health and Safety or Natural Resources required. A degree in another field combined with safety related experience may be considered.
- One + years of Occupational or Environmental Health and Safety experience preferred.
- One year of Utility Vegetation Management experience preferred.
- Applicable knowledge of OSHA regulations and safety principles and practices preferred.
- OSHA 30-Hour Certification, or ability to obtain with 90 days.
- Safety certification (ASP, CSP, or OHST) preferred.
- Certified Tree Care Safety Professional (CTSP) a plus.
- Experience in arboricultural practices with utility vegetation management and leadership experience preferred.
Physical Demands & Working Environment
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
This position operates from Headquarters located in Wake Forest, NC. This job may also work in an outdoor field environment; vehicle and foot patrol of utility power lines; remote locations as well as urban, city environment; physical demands and travel from site to site, including: walking/hiking on various surfaces including flat, dry, wet, slippery, uneven, rough, steep terrain, hills and slopes; exposure to noise, dust, grease, and all types of weather and temperature conditions; exposure to hazardous traffic conditions.
The employee must have sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an outdoor environment; to walk, stand, sit, and operate a motor vehicle for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, run, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp and make repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties; carry, push and/or pull light to heavy amounts of weight, frequently lift up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 25 lbs. (sandbags); to operate assigned equipment and vehicles; ability to verbally communicate to exchange information with public; ability to see and hear in normal range with or without correction; operate assigned field equipment, including handheld computer, range finder, fyrake, water backpack, shovel, and traffic cones.
Environmental Consultants (ECI) is a leading provider of vegetation and asset management consulting services to the utility industry. Successful professionals at ECI have come from a variety of backgrounds, including: forestry, arboriculture, natural resource management, biology, landscape maintenance, horticulture, nursery management, environmental sciences, geology, agriculture, parks & recreation management, urban forestry, geography, and more. ECI offers exciting career opportunities with an excellent compensation package and ongoing growth potential.
Applicants must pass a pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check.
All candidates must possess a valid driver's license and have a good driving record.
ECI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA: Minority/Female/ Vets/ Disabled.
Contact InformationJen Leman
12324 Hampton Way Dr.
Wake Forest, North Carolina 27587, United States