ECI - San Diego, CA , USA
Starting Date :
Location of job:
San Diego, CA
Posted By: :
We are currently seeking a Project Manager to lead our vegetation management auditing team on the San Diego Gas and Electric contract. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment and the challenges of a rewarding profession, consider a career with ECI.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee auditing services contract and actively manage safety culture, productivity, work quality, customer service goals, regulatory requirements, contract specifications, and contract services.
- Analyze and interpret reports related to utility vegetation management auditing schedule, budget, and production targets on all quality control projects.
- Provide direct supervision for up to 4 Field Supervisors and oversee personnel management of approximately 15-20 field employees.
- Maintain regular communication to local ECI leadership to ensure team members are supported and work quality meets contract requirements.
- Maintain positive relations and communication with the Utility Representatives.
- Interview and train new team members as positions become available.
- Demonstrate and share ECI’s Vision, Mission, Values, and Principles.
- An Associates or Bachelors degree in Forestry, Natural Resource Management, or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience
- Minimum of 1 years of utility vegetation management experience
- ISA Arborist Certification (or within 6 months), Utility Specialist desired
- Familiarity with utility vegetation management work practices, proper arboricultural techniques,/practices, and legal requirements related to line clearance and fire prevention
- Project management experience desired
- Proved independent decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with common word processing and spreadsheet computer applications
Physical Demands & Working Environment
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Environmental Consultants, Inc. (ECI) is a leading provider of vegetation and asset management consulting services to the utility industry. Successful professionals at ECI have come from a variety of backgrounds, including: forestry, arboriculture, natural resource management, biology, landscape maintenance, horticulture, nursery management, environmental sciences, geology, agriculture, parks & recreation management, urban forestry, geography, and more. ECI offers exciting career opportunities with an excellent compensation package and ongoing growth potential.
Applicants must pass a pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check.
All candidates must possess a valid driver's license and have a good driving record.
ECI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA : Minority/Female/ Vets/ Disabled.
Contact InformationJen Leman