Utility Arborist Pre-inspector
Arizona Public Service - phoenix, AZ , usa
Starting Date :
Location of job:
Posted By: :
Forestry Pre-Inspector - Phoenix, AZ
As part of the APS team, you are important to the success and future of our organization. APS offers highly competitive and valuable benefits, many at no cost to you.
- Some of the benefits include: Retirement, Health and Wealth Benefits / Paid Time Off to ensure
- Work -Life Balance and many Training Programs that supports career and personal enrichment.
- Be a part of a unique industry at APS and experience being a part of #keepingarizonaon
As a Forestry Pre-Inspector you will provide support to APS Forestry and Special Programs crews and planners so that the division's vegetation management program complies with the department's goals and objectives. Make notifications for all line-clearance activities to affected landowners including private, federal, state, and local municipalities. Compile work assignments for crews and schedule work to accommodate customer's needs. As required, distribute copies of APS's customer-relations brochures while making contacts with customers. Operate in conformance with APS accident prevention manual and the APS Vegetation Management Manual. Work with APS Job Designers to accomplish necessary tree work involving construction work-orders. Environmental factors: Subject to work hours outside of the normal work schedule and outdoors during inclement weather situations. Periodically prone to dangers inherent to work sites including exposure to sharp, high-speed rotating equipment, electrical fields, falling and flying debris, difficult terrain, pesticides, and animal, insect, and snake bites. Involves driving throughout service territory and travel 25% of the time.
Environmental factors: Subject to work hours outside of the normal work schedule and outdoors during inclement weather situations. Periodically prone to dangers inherent to work sites including exposure to sharp, high-speed rotating equipment, electrical fields, falling and flying debris, difficult terrain, pesticides, and animal, insect, and snake bites. Involves driving throughout service territory and frequent overnight travel. Minimum Requirements
- Minimum of two year's of experience in utility arboriculture or an International Society Arboriculture (ISA) Certified Arborist with at least 1 year of field experience in utility arboriculture.
- Degree in Forestry or related field as well as design experience preferred.
- Must possess and maintain ISA Arborist and Utility Specialist certifications and/or obtain such certifications within two years of employment.
- Must possess negotiating skills and an aptitude for customer service relations and interpersonal communications.
- Ability to apply established policy and practices of the occupation to the resolution of work problems and to identify exceptional cases for referral.
For additional details and to apply for the position please click on the following link:Job #: 20190965 or visit www.aps.com/careers
Posting Close Date: February 13, 2020
Questions? Call the Recruiter, Mary Anne Burdick @ 602-250-3907 or email at MaryAnne.Burdick@aps.com
Contact InformationErin Creekmur