Line Clearance Arborist
TAMPA ELECTRIC - TAMPA, Florida , United States
Starting Date :
Location of job:
Posted By: :
Oversees and coordinates contracted line clearance activities associated with the construction and maintenance of Tampa Electric Company’s (TEC) transmission and distribution systems. Responsibilities include the daily coordination of clearing for new construction, transmission and distribution maintenance activities and the transmission mowing and herbicide application programs.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the daily planning and monitoring of the activities associated with the contracting of line clearance and right-of-way maintenance activities.
- Preview work orders and evaluate line clearance needs associated with project management jobs, including the development of specifications, contractor selection, providing permit information to engineering and environmental departments, interfacing with TEC project leaders and subsequent coordination of the clearing, tree trimming and restoration activities through to the completion of the construction. Participation also includes community meetings and other public awareness events in support of the project.
- Monitor circuit completion, including work units, man-hours and costs, including entry of data into the appropriate databases. Verify contractor and vendor invoices weekly for accuracy of reporting labor and equipment hours and rates.
- Remain updated on environmental, safety, regulatory and arborist requirements to ensure TEC compliance with regulations for both the maintenance of existing and in the clearing for new construction of the transmission and distribution system.
- Maintain department operational compliance with NERC, FERC, FRCC and Florida Public Service Commission (FPSC) regulatory requirements governing line clearance and inspections; all of which support public safety and electric system reliability.
- Coordinate transmission right-of-way mowing activities, including development of specifications, work scheduling, budget monitoring, and contractor quality and productivity evaluations.
- Administer transmission and distribution herbicide application programs, including development of specifications, selection of appropriate chemical formulations, work scheduling, budget monitoring and reviewing contractor quality.
Required: High School Diploma or GED
Preferred: Bachelor of Science Degree in Forestry, Horticulture or related field from an accredited university is strongly preferred and may be considered in lieu of some comparable related experience.
Required: International Society of Arboriculture (“ISA”) Arborist or Utility Specialist certification is required or must be obtained within one year of starting the position
Preferred: State of Florida ROW herbicide applicator license
- Minimum of eight (8) years of related work experience in utility line clearance and right-of-way maintenance. Experience must include 2-3 years of leading multiple tree trimming crews in a utility environment
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4 years, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Sound knowledge of line clearance, right-of-way maintenance and related environmental, regulatory and arborist compliance requirements
- Demonstrated strong leadership
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An aptitude to work proficiently
Must be able to work overtime as required and be available for emergency call-out to support electric service restoration.
Builds Strong, Collaborative Relationships
Cultivates Innovation and Embraces Change
Drives Operational Excellence for Customers
Speaks Up on Safety, Health, and the Environment
Takes Ownership & Acts with Integrity
Thinks Strategically & Exercises Sound Judgment
Contact InformationTiffany Bornfleth
702 N FRANKLIN ST
tampa, FLORIDA 33602, United States