Traveling Crew Trainer
ACRT Services, Inc. - Stockton, CA , United States
Starting Date :
Location of job:
Posted By: :
Please apply on our website at: https://acrt.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/ACRT_Careers/job/Stockton-CA/Traveling-Crew-Trainer_R300-1
ACRT, Inc. is seeking an individual with experience working on, leading, and training tree crews in urban forestry. This position will be based in California and require extensive travel to work sites. There, candidates will serve as a subject matter expert for tree crews as they perform their daily work. Candidates will coach, provide feedback, evaluate, and report to crew supervisors and general foreman on training topics covered for the week. This will require extensive travel if the candidate is not located in the immediate work area of the crew being trained, generally stretching the length of the Central Valley area.
The tree care industry has made progress in regard to safety standards, but new techniques, equipment and policies come with new safety skills to learn. This position is ideal for someone who wants to make a difference in the tree care industry at large and become a safety champion. As safety is a core value at ACRT Services, we are looking for that candidate who wants to make an industry-wide difference and share the safety knowledge and tree skill they have acquired in their career. Even passing on a simple lesson to crew member can make them safer overall and help them continue their work and keep the community safe.
This position will provide hands-on training in climbing, general arboriculture, and utility line clearance techniques to adult students of wide-ranging skill levels. Candidates must have experience in tree care, line clearance, and climbing with associated techniques. Candidates must have an ability to work with diverse groups of people, be able to communicate and effectively demonstrate techniques to groups and have a high appreciation and understanding for safety. A Spanish-speaking candidate is preferred.
Our workforce is essential to keeping the power on for millions of Americans who are either working to fight COVID-19 or who are staying home to stay safe. At ACRT Services our top priority is keeping our employees and those around us safe. Our business naturally lends itself to physical distancing; most of our employees work independently and are provided their own company vehicle, allowing them to avoid close contact with others. Safety has always been a core value and through this pandemic is no different. We have put in safety protocols and initiatives following the guidance of the CDC to keep our workers safe.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Traveling Crew Trainer will be responsible for the following:
- Provide training for tree crews at their job sites on topics involving electrical hazard awareness, hazard trees, utility pruning standards, roping and rigging techniques, felling procedures, how to prevent line strikes, rescue techniques, and basic and advanced climbing techniques.
- Record crew scores and progress in training and send it to home office for data entry and certificate creation.
- Monthly meetings with the contracting tree company to judge effectiveness of current training.
- Upholding the policies and principles of ACRT, Inc’s training department
- Undergraduate degree or experience in Forestry, Horticulture, Arboriculture, Environmental Studies, Conservation, Natural Resources or related fields or a high school diploma plus 4 years related experience in the tree care industry
- Advanced experience in arboriculture, forestry, or related discipline.
- Line Clearance experience
- Climbing, rope & saddle, and bucket truck experience
- PC skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive
- Tree identification skills
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the ANSI Z133 safety standards
- Knowledge of OSHA and Cal OSHA safety standards
- ISA or TCIA certification (or certification within one year of hire)
- Ability to effectively interact with tree workers on all levels of a crew
- Ability to travel when required (75% of the time)
- Clean driving record and current driver’s license
- Bilingual in Spanish
- ISA or TCIA certification
- Class B CDL
What we offer you:
Along with competitive compensation, the Arborist Training Safety Auditor will receive:
- Company provided vehicle
- Access to the company medical, dental, and vision plans, as well as company 401(k) and ESOP plans
- Company provided travel and daily meal per diems during the work week.
- The opportunity to receive up to 10% of your base salary as a year-end bonus; grow the company, grow yourself!
- Company provided phone and laptop
- Reimbursement for renewal of CPR/First Aid, ISA, and various other credentials
- Monthly safety tailboard opportunities worth ISA CEUs
- Yearly allowance for PPE and necessary work equipment including climbing equipment
- The ability to set your own schedule within a given week
- The opportunity to be part of creating a safer work environment in tree care
- The possibility to travel with a core instructor within the department and partake in a hands-on, classroom style training
- Vacation weeks and holidays
- Group Life Insurance and optional life insurance plans
Contact InformationAmy McNair