Utility Vegetation Management Technician - 100% Travel
Rainbow Tree Company - Minnetonka, MN , United States
Starting Date :
Location of job:
Posted By: :
Rainbow Tree Company
Since we began in 1976, we have built our business by being on the cutting edge of what gets the best consistent and predictable results. Dedicated to scientifically proven methods, Rainbow Tree Company is continually educating our employees in order to provide the most effective solutions to our customers. We have a commitment to not only ourselves but to our clients to do excellent work and deliver extraordinary service. We believe in ongoing improvement as we grow in the community.
T&S Growth Solutions, a division of Rainbow Tree Company, is seeking an energetic and hard-working Technician (Applicator/Work Planner) to join our Utility Vegetation Management Team.
The Vegetation Management Team is transforming the Utility Industry around how trees are cared for in the utility right-of-way. Our tree growth regulator produces predictable results that reduce pruning needs and improve tree health. Whether you’re already in the green industry, or looking to begin your career, we provide on the job training with opportunity for advancement and a fun outdoor work environment!
During COVID-19, utility vegetation management has been deemed an essential service. We are able to provide training while adhering to CDC safe-distancing guidelines. The primary responsibilities of this job are performed independently while outdoors and with low risk of exposure.
This position will require travel locally with 50% being overnight trips nationwide on occasion
- Mix and apply our proprietary product according to company, state, and federal standards.
- Geospatially record treated trees for reporting to our utility customers.
- Communicate with and enroll homeowners in our service in a positive, professional manner.
- High school diploma or a GED
- Driver’s license with a clean driving record is a must
- Able to work outdoors in rugged terrain and inclement weather
- Able to travel, extensive at times
- Be able to work long days with overtime
- Experience in tree care, landscaping, or utility work
- Leadership experience in work, school, or volunteer roles
- Demonstrated success in an independent work environment
- Pesticide applicator’s license OR ability to achieve one (we will pay for test)
- Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator and to operate above-mentioned tools and equipment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is performed outdoors in any weather element throughout urban and rural areas. May be required to bend, reach, stoop, and lift objects; may be exposed to safety hazards and dangerous tools and equipment; safety precautions must be followed, including use of safety equipment. Must be able to lift 50lbs at any given time
You should know:
We offer a fantastic Total Rewards Package that includes items like a wide selection of health plans, Paid PTO, 401(k) retirement plan with company matching, professional development, volunteer programs, employee assistance program, paid company training as we often will promote within and many more perks.
At Rainbow Tree Company, we celebrate our differences and are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Contact InformationJason Agar
11571 K-Tel Dr
Minnetonka, MN 55343, United States