VM Work Verification Manager (Flexible Location)
Pacific Gas and Electric Company - Concord, CA , USA
Starting Date :
Location of job:
Posted By: :
Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E), a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric companies in the United States. Based in San Francisco, our 24,000 employees deliver safe, reliable, affordable and clean energy to nearly 16 million people throughout our Northern and Central California service area, stretching from Eureka to Bakersfield and from the Pacific Ocean to the Sierra Nevada.
Leads work verification staff to ensure public safety, electric reliability and regulatory compliance with state and federal vegetation management rules. Serves as a subject matter expert, provides guidance and influence, and acts as an external leader in the industry on regulatory issues and market strategies. Partners with vegetation management operation and public entities to monitor and manage vegetation proximity to PG&E assets to ensure system reliability and safety objectives.
- Deals with complex, difficult and or sensitive issues with customers and public entities escalated from supervisors and others including Sr. Management and regulatory authorities. May speak/present to elected officials, regulatory bodies and others, representing PG&E’s position regarding vegetation issues. Seeks resolutions that balance the customer and business needs.
- Oversees work verification inspections and recommended actions. Ensures checks, audits, inspections of contractor work are completed regularly and corrective action is recommended and implemented to ensure regulatory compliance, safety and reliability.
- Manages operating budgets. Reviews forecasts and budgets to assure accuracy before submitting to Sr. Manager for approval. Ensures teams update forecasts on monthly basis and provide to the Vegetation Governance group for consolidation and reporting. Monitors expenses and reports on actuals vs. budget. Develops variance explanations and action plans.
- Ensures regular focus on performance improvement opportunities. Determines and assigns team leads for specific improvement projects.
- Coaches Supervisors participating in regulatory and/or industry forums, public hearings or legal proceedings. May provide expert witness testimony in the more high profile legal cases involving vegetation issues.
- Oversees and reviews the development of new or revised scopes of work for work verification contractors to ensure compliance standards and deliverables are established.
- Active in the utility arborist association to influence standards across the industry and may lead large statewide efforts on behalf of PG&E to resolve issues and conflicts or to educate other parties.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- 10 years of related experience with at least 5 years in a leadership role
- CA Class C License, or equivalent
- ISA-International Society of Arboriculture Certified Arborist Utility Specialist certification
- PMI-Project Management Institute PMP-Project Management Professional certification
- Strong knowledge of forestry and/or utility vegetation management concepts, methods and techniques
- Broad knowledge of current utility and energy industry, economic and social & political issues, trends and business drivers
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills
- Good strategic problem solving and analytical skills
- Business and financial acumen to manage significant budgets
- Adaptability to work within a heavily regulated environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively deal with various levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Influence and negotiation skills, tact and diplomacy and political acumen to navigate sensitive customer/public issues
- Strong independent organizational, time management, prioritization and planning skills
- Excellent understanding of project and program management concepts, methods and techniques
- Demonstrated expertise in data analysis, process improvement skills and creative thinking to review compelling business cases based on complex business environments and inputs
- Competent with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- TRAQ certification
- Knowledge or experience in quality assurance and quality control programs
Contact InformationJoe Echols