CNUC Awarded $50,000 Utility Arborist Research Fund GrantVIEW ARTICLE
“How to Make Your Safety Program Work Better for You Than Ever Before” by Bob Urban; ACRTVIEW ARTICLE
Crews with Wright Tree Service head to California to help with wildfire restoration efforts
National Right-of-Way Workshop Agenda
October 23-25, 2018 | Courtyard Denver Airport at Gateway Park
2018 National Right-of-Way Pesticide Applicator Workshop
November 7-9, 2017 • Denver, Colorado
Highlights from the 2018 Trees & Utilities Conference
More than 550 vegetation management professionals convened in Omaha, Nebraska, to share best practices, discover new technology and celebrate their love for the industry. Click to view the great slide show Amy Fischbach from T&D World captured at the Omaha Trees & Utilities event.SEE SLIDESHOW
Edison Electric Institute Memorandum of Understanding; Vegetation Management in Electric Utility Corridors
The MOU identifies requirements for EEI member utility companies to comply with all applicable Federal, tribal, State, and local laws, regulations, policies, and Executive Orders mandating electric transmission reliability, environmental protection, as well as protection of cultural resources on public and private lands. [READ MORE]
The ASCA 2019 Consulting Academy
The ASCA 2019 Consulting Academy will take place February 19th-22nd, 2019 in Seattle, Washington.MORE INFO
Leveraging GIS for Vegetation Management Optimization
Managing Liability and Risk of Unavoidable Events
- July 2, 2019- Arborist and Climbing Gear Company, Sherrill, Inc. Acquires California Based Bishop Company
- July 2, 2019- Arborist and Climbing Gear Company, Sherrill, Inc. Acquires Maine Based Sterling Rope Company, Inc.
- Kent, Ohio – The Davey Tree Expert Company is proud to announce the promotion of Tim Walsh to director, corporate safety.
- Jarraff Industries to Introduce New Quad Track Brush Cutter at the Tree Care Industry Expo
- EagleView Providing Rapid Answers Through Aerial Imagery Post-Hurricane Florence
- Two East Coast arborist trainers receive prestigious education award from ISA
- International Society of Arboriculture Announces Headquarters Relocation to Atlanta
- Wright Tree Service Promotes Gilmore to Division Manager and Appoints Larson to Regional Manager
- Clearion Announces New VP of Operations and New Senior Consultant/Senior Scientist
- Robert Richens Promoted to ArborMetrics Vice President
- Madison Gas and Electric Signs 5-Year Contract with GeoSpatial Innovations, Inc.
INDUSTRY ACCEPTED PRACTICES
Industry leaders gather each year at the System Utility Vegetation Management Summit and discuss best practices. The following white papers provide insight into various issues and current thinking about state-of-the-art utility vegetation management. Please note that these papers have not undergone the type of rigorous review that would qualify them as “Best Management Practices” but reflect the discussion among these industry leaders.
Presentations made at the 2015 Utility Vegetation Managers Summit
ANSI STANDARDS & INDUSTRY BMPs
Managers and practitioners should be aware of all relevant standards and BMPs related to utility arboriculture and utility vegetation management. The UAA encourages employers to make these BMPs available to all field personnel.
Tree Worker Safety ANSI Z133The 2017 Z133 Safety Standard was developed for the arboriculture industry under the procedures of the American National Standards Institute. The 2017 revision provides the most current criteria in the United States for arborists and other workers engaged in arboricultural operations:
- General safety
- Electrical hazard
- Use of vehicles and mobile equipment
- Portable power hand tools
- Hand tools and ladders
- Work procedures
This publication provides an essential guide for federal, state, and municipal authorities in drafting regulations.
Pruning of Trees
Integrated Vegetation Management
Tree Risk Assessment