Earn CEU’s through Webinars and Podcasts!
Learn about best practices in utility vegetation management and earn CEU’s without leaving home. Register today for our upcoming virtual webinar on Wednesday, January 19, 2022, at 12:00PM/CST.
Live from Norway, this timely event features Jon Anders Krokann, noted vegetation management expert from the Norwegian University of Life Sciences. The conversation will focus on how to handle growth without using herbicides, and looks to environmentally-friendly methods such as saws, drones, satellites, and goats to control plant life.
You know your that your UAA membership also offers CEU opportunities, and now we’ve added resources for podcasts! Jump in and listen to them here then pass the quizzes (under Quick Links in your Member Portal) to earn CEU credits.
Newsline Getting a Makeover
There’s a new look coming to the 2022 issues of Newsline, as the editorial team looks to make the piece even more user-friendly for readers. But while the layout may be updated, what will never change is the quality content featured by the many expert contributors.
Distributed six times a year, Newsline is the premier source of information for UAA members on the UVM industry, emerging technologies, best practices, and more. Even if you get your Newsline by mail, you can access digital copies or review the archives through the Member Portal.
If volunteering is among your New Year’s Resolutions, the UAA is looking for good people to serve, especially on our various committees. Check out the Groups link in the Member Portal and sign up today.
Call for ROW Papers Deadline Extended to January 31!
Your abstracts are needed for the 13th Environmental Concerns in Rights-Of-Way Management Symposium by Monday, January 31, 2022. Help educate the membership by sharing your expertise in innovative technologies, restoring native species, wildfire prevention and more.
Let’s make this year’s event in Charlotte, North Carolina, October 9 – 12, 2022 one to remember. Send in your abstracts today!
Get Published in T&D World Magazine
You’re already thinking about the ROW Symposium, so why not draft a few sentences for a T&D World article? If your New Year’s Resolution involves writing and publishing more educational content, consider a submission for T&D World’s 2022 Vegetation Management Supplement.
Your abstract should include the following:
- Name, title, company name and contact information
- A proposed headline for the article
- A one-paragraph summary of your proposed article about utility vegetation management.
- The names, titles and company names of the authors who will likely byline the article.
- Ideas for photos, charts or graphs for the story
- For reference, read the 2021 issue
Email your abstracts to T&D World Field Editor Amy Fischbach, firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is March 15, 2022 with final articles due on April 15, 2022
UAA “Safety First, Safety Always” Video Series Debuts at ISA Virtual Conference
It was great to be live from the UAA virtual booth at the ISA International Conference, December 13-16, 2021. The event featured incredible sessions for the more than 2,000 people who attended online.
- The premier showing of the UAA’s public service announcements in our “Safety First, Safety Always” series. Two videos generated more than 700 views over the course of the week. Watch Step and Touch Potential and Look up and Live. Find all of our videos on the UAA YouTube Channel.
- UAA’s promotion of the Professional Development Utility Vegetation Management (UVM) Certification Program at the University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point.
- UAA Past-President Randy Miller’s overview of ISA Integrated Vegetation Management – Best Management Practices, Third Edition.
- A live Q&A session with Stan Vera-Art on the companion guide to Miller’s IVM Best Management Practices developed by the UAA Environmental Stewardship Committee.
But it wasn’t all work and no play for the UAA team. UAA representatives staffing the virtual booth enjoyed engaging with attendees and awarded raffle prizes to the following:
- Andrew Driscoll – 3rd place UAA cinch sack
- Mike Cordrey – 2nd place UAA thermal mug
- Nicholas Romito – 1st place UAA one-year membership