Take Advantage of a Valuable UAA Resource: The UAA Member Portal
Have you logged in to your UAA Member Portal this week?
The new association member portal was implemented in Spring 2021 to help streamline navigation and expand functionality. Members still have access to all of the past UAA resources, but now there is a newsfeed, the ability to message other members and other new features.
Get started with our UAA Step-by-Step Member Portal Guide
- Log in through the UAA website at gotouaa.org.
- Click the blue “Member Portal” button at the top right. Enter your name and password. Your username is your email, unless you’ve changed it. If you have trouble logging in, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When you enter the member portal, you will see your profile page. (Click on “My Profile” if necessary.)
- Click on the “About” tab to edit the page and make sure everything is up to date, (phone, address, company name, etc.).
- To make changes, click on the “Edit” pencil at the right of the Profile page’s information fields. Items marked with a red person icon are only visible to UAA members. Anything displaying a red lock icon is only visible to UAA staff, so much of this information is confidential.
We want to improve our ability to keep you informed! Remember, we only use the profile information to make sure you are included on notifications that might interest you regarding UAA resources and events.
Sponsors, Exhibitors and Attendees: Plan Now for UAA Events
Get an early start – call for papers for the annual Trees & Utilities Conference will be coming soon. Registration is currently open for sponsorships and exhibition booths for the event held this fall September 20 – 22, 2022 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Be a part of what’s trending in the industry! Stay on top of the latest research, professional development opportunities, best management practices, earn CEU’s and more. Bookmark the conference website on your device of choice now and stay tuned for updates.
The call for papers has been extended to March 23 for the 13th International Symposium of Environmental Concerns in Rights-of-Way (ROW 13) Management in Charlotte, North Carolina, October 9 – 12, 2022. The ROW Symposium comes around every three years, making it a rare opportunity to present timely topics in the industry. Already delayed by Covid from the original date, the planning committee recognizes that many areas of the world are just beginning to release travel restrictions from the winter shutdowns, opening the possibility for a greater international audience to attend the event this year. Considering this and extension for abstract submission has been granted. Commit to be a part of the program. More information about the event and suggested topic categories for abstracts can be found here.
Scholarship Opportunities Available
- UVM Certificate Program
If you’re considering professional development, check out the UVM Certificate Program offered online through the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point. If you live in California or bordering states, take advantage of a wonderful opportunity and apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Nelsen Money Scholarship
Two financial awards are available for students and young professionals involved in the Utility Arboriculture industry. The Nelsen Money Scholarship begins accepting applications on February 15 through April 15, 2022. Choose from two available awards – $2500 for undergrads working in UV-related fields and $1200 to pay for a graduate’s attendance at Trees & Utilities. Support the next generation of workers as they embark on a fulfilling career. Contribute a tax-deductible donation to the scholarship program and earn PinE Awards points.
- Florida Vegetation Management Association
And March 10, 2022 is the deadline for students to apply for the Florida Vegetation Management Association Scholarship. The $1500 award will be presented to a student intending to major in a field related to vegetation management. Apply now.