T&D World Magazine Abstract Deadline: February 1
If you have an idea for an article for T&D World’s June 2023 Vegetation Management Supplement, we need to hear from you in the next three weeks.
Send your abstracts by February 1, 2023 and include the following:
- Your name, title, company name and contact information
- A proposed headline for the article
- A one-paragraph summary of your proposed article about utility vegetation management
- The names, titles and company names of the authors who will likely byline the article
- Ideas for photos, charts or graphs for the story
- For inspiration, here’s the 2022 T&D World supplement for your review
- Email your abstract to T&D World Field Editor Amy Fischbach, firstname.lastname@example.org
Authors who have their articles accepted for publication will need to sign an author agreement, and they will be able to review the PDFs of their articles before they go to press.
- Articles must be 1,500 to 2,500 words in length
- The content must follow T&D World’s editorial style and include a short headline, deck, subheads and an author bio at the end
- Final articles are due March 15, 2023
- The features submitted that are not included in the supplement will likely run on the T&D World website, in our Vegetation Management Insights e-newsletter, and/or in the UAA Newsline
- T&D World subscribers and UAA members will receive mailed copies of the magazine and it will have bonus distribution at the 2023 Trees & Utilities conference.
Make your mark in 2023 at Trees & Utilities
We’re putting together an inspirational and educational program for utility professionals at the next Trees & Utilities in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, this fall.
The call for papers is underway, but only through Weds., March 15, 2023. If you’re not sure about a topic but want to contribute, consider ideas on current and future practices in the following areas:
- Community Programs, Urban Forestry & Landscape
- Education/Professional Development (Outreach)
- Environmental Stewardship (Pollinators, Ecosystem & Habitat Management: Water Resource / Reliable Energy Research, Biodiversity)
- Diversity Equity & Inclusion, Training, Recruitment & Workforce Retention
- Best Management and Regulation (Government Interaction, Rate Case / O&M)
- Industry Trends (Carbon Reduction, Supply Chain, or Technology).
We’re looking for returning speakers and those interested in presenting for the first time. Don’t delay. Learn the next steps and remember to submit an abstract for review before the March 15 deadline.
Subscribe to UAA’s YouTube Channel
Have you seen our “Safety First, Safety Always” PSA video series on woodchipper safety, dog bite prevention, or step and touch potential? How about our “Biological Controls” video on how to be a good steward of the environment? Bookmark the UAA YouTube Channel today. Our educational public service announcements are sponsored by the UAA and industry leaders, and are also available in Spanish.